Ayur Herbal Astringent with Aloe Vera Review
Hey ladies, how are you all doing? I was away from blogging for a couple of days but now, I am back with my new skin care products. My skincare shelf has undergone a summer makeover. I have tossed my toner for an astringent and cream bar for a gel based face wash in order to get rid of the excess oiliness on my combination skin and keep it as matte as possible.
For those of you who do not know, Astringent contains mil amounts of alcohol. The alcohol evaporates and removes the impurities that clog the skin pores thus leaving your pores clean. Clean pores appear less prominent and also, your skin stays oil free for longer.
This Astringent from Ayur is basically a herbal Preparation. It has the extracts of aloe Vera, camphor, and mint for soothing and cooling your skin, in summers. It is an antiseptic preparation that controls the oiliness and secretion of sebum on your T zone. It is best suitable for oily skin, pimple prone and problematic skin.
- Various sizes are available
- Rs. 50 for 100 ml
- Rs. 75 for 200ml
- Rs. 150 for 500 ml
Best before 3 years from the date of manufacture.
This comes in a semi transparent plastic bottle. The bottle has a screw type cap with a plastic cork. There is a small opening to dispense the product.
Watery texture and runny consistency.
Pros of Ayur Herbal Astringent with Aloe Vera
- Very affordable product. 50 bucks do not hurt the pocket at all and the quantity you get is pretty good.
- Easily available as Ayur is an old and trustworthy brand and this one you can find at every cosmetic store
- This astringent didn’t break me out. In fact, it cleans and unclogs pores to prevent acne. The frequency of zits has actually reduced.
- It gives a relaxing, cooling sensation which is good in summers
- It reduces the appearances of facial pores especially, in the region adjacent to nose.
- It keeps my skin oil free and matte for around 5 hours.
- It is quite good for combination to oily skin
- The bottle is leak proof and travel friendly.
Cons of Ayur Herbal Astringent with Aloe Vera
- The fragrance is a bit overpowering and people with sensitive noses should stay away from it.
- Dry and sensitive skin types should try it with caution as it makes skin oil free.
- It contains parabens and other chemicals.
- It stings my face a bit.
My experience with Ayur Herbal Astringent with Aloe Vera
The product packaging says that it is suitable for all skin types as it has aloe Vera. On usage, I found it suitable for myself but I am really not sure about the sensitive skin types as the product stings my skin somewhat. The uneasy sensation is short lived, say a couple of seconds. Also, the product instantly helps me get rid of residues of my face wash and excess oils on my face and mattefies skin. So, dry skin types also need to exercise caution while using it. I might discontinue this product in winters. I pour a little of this on a cotton wool and then wipe my skin with it and I can actually see dirt coming off my face.
3 out of 5
Whether I would recommend this product again?
Yes, if you have an oily to combination skin you can give it a try. If you have dry or sensitive skin, you need to give it a patch test before usage.