Biotique Morning Nectar Lotion Review
Hey lovely readers.. You must all be aware that after properly cleansing and toning your skin, the final step to infuse some hydration into your skin is moisturisation. So, you can never actually afford to run out of a facial lotion and a body lotion or you can buy a one which solves both the purposes!! This one from Biotique that we are going to talk about today is suitable for application on face as it is lightweight and body typo as it manages to hydrate skin quite well. I really like the name, morning nectar..It somehow makes me think about the fresh nectar of flowers and the lovely, mild smell of this lotion totally justifies it’s name. I am sure you would love to know about the details of this product. Read on then..
This skin lotion from Biotique has lightening and nourishing properties. It contains the extracts of pure. Organic honey, wheatgerm and seaweed all of which infuse moisture in skin and boost up the anti-ageing mechanism of your body. It replenishes your skin’s natural oils to make your skin appear fresher and healthier.
Directions for usage:
Apply on cleansed skin twice a day. It can also be worn under makeup.
199/- for 120 ml (4.2 fl. OZ.)
Biotique uses very basic packaging for it’s products made out of recyclable plastic with simple paper labels furnishing all the necessary product details. The cap needs to be rotated to be closed. The bottle has a small hole to dispense the product in spurts. Two spurts are enough for face, neck and hands.
The consistency of this lotion is between body butter and a runny lotion. Since my skin type is combination, I actually need very less amount for my face.
Normal, dry and even combination but not for oily skin, if you want to use it on face
On body however, it can be used by all
Pros of Biotique Morning Nectar Lotion
- It does make some difference to lighten the skin tone but not too much.
- It moisturizes dry skin
- Its expiry is 3 yrs which means a long shelf life
- A coin sized amount is enough for face, neck and even hands
- It is travel friendly, leak proof and made from recycled plastic
- Extra marks for being environment friendly
- Made out of natural ingredients just like all other Biotique products
- I am a fan of It’s light floral smell
- It gets absorbed into the skin and is non sticky unlike creams so, ideal for use in summers
- It did not cause any pimples on my skin
Cons of Biotique Morning Nectar Nourishing Lotion
- It causes my T zone to get oily within an hour of application since I have combination skin but that can be solved by dabbing a tissue. Since, all other things about this lotion are good, I do not mind coping up with this little issue
- The phrase “for all skin types” Is not very correct
- The full ingredient list
Ghrit kumari (Aloevera barbadensis), Methi (Trigonella foenum grae cum), Madhu (Honey), Ankurit gehun (Triticum vulgare), Kusumbhi tail (Carthamus tinctorius oil), Chinai ghas (Gelidium amansii), Mom (Beeswax), Moong phalli tail (Archis hypogaea oil), Himalayan water Q.S.
My experience with Morning Nectar Lotion
I am quite happy with this lotion as first of all, it gives me mental satisfaction that I am using something herbal. It is on creamier side so, I mostly prefer using it when I am indoors. It gets absorbed and is non sticky but after application, my T zone gets oily after an hour or two. For mornings and while going out, I currently love my Neutrogena oil free lotion. The good thing is that it does not break me out. It makes my skin healthy and nourished.
4 on 5
Whether I would recommend this product again?
Yes, to normal and dry skin. I am already on my fourth bottle and I keep going back to it ignoring the little greasiness it causes and use it as a body lotion and on face in evenings after returning to home. I am in love with the smell.