Hey girls, for those who have oily skin, winters must be a really good time when the weather naturally helps to decrease the activity of sebaceous glands since the humidity levels are much lesser. During this time of the year, the tendency to get pimples is much lower but sadly, if you have certain hormonal factors behind acne, it is important for you to take proper care of your skin and precautions in order to prevent breakouts during winters, too. So, a face wash that clears out excessive oil from your pores and prevents them from clogging with oil and dust is a must. Also, it is beneficial to have a mild type of antibacterial in your face wash or face cleanser rather than the harsh salicylic acid when your acne is not in an active phase. This decreases the probability that you will get break outs again without stripping off the natural oils from your skin. Read on below to know more about one such helpful product from the brand Clean and Clear.
This face wash contains the active extracts of Neem and Lemon that help to get rid of pimple in a safe and effective way.
This clean and clear face wash comes in a squeeze type tube rather than bottle type of packaging. The squeezable tube has a flip top kind of cap. The cap can also be opened up to use up the last bits of the product that might be left in your tube. All the important product details are printed on the tube.
INR 55 for 40 ml
The texture of this face wash is like a gel and it foams well with addition of water. There are no extra granules or scrub beads in the gel formula. The consistency is moderately thick and is not too runny.
Pros of Clean and clear pimple clearing face wash
- The consistency is not very watery so, appropriate amount of product can be dispersed for a single usage without wasting much of product.
- The formula is gel based which works well for oily skin as it helps to get rid of the excess sebum on the face.
- The packaging is travel friendly and does not cause any seepage or leakage of the product as such.
- The cap closes tightly.
- Ingredient list is mentioned in full detail on the back of the pack along with manufacturing details.
- The fragrance of this face wash is citrusy and refreshing in quality.
- The active ingredients of this face wash are Neem and Lemon both of which have anti-acne and anti-bacterial properties and thus not only help treat pimples, but also prevent them from coming back.
- The gel formula is able to provide ample oil control for good number of hours.
- The product is suitable for normal, oily and combination type of skin.
Cons of Clean and clear pimple clearing face wash
- It might not be very suitable for dry skin types in winter weather.
My experience with Clean and clear pimple clearing face wash
I have been using this face wash for nearly ten days now as I got a couple of zits on my face after using heavy makeup for certain occasions so, I had to bring the problem under control. I always prefer using milder face washes first before moving on to harsh salicylic acid based ones. I used this face wash along with steam to clear out the pores and get rid of all the dirt for two days, twice in a day. The pimple clearing action was quite evident as the size of zits reduced considerably. It did not stretch out my skin at all and did not leave behind any residue either. I have an oily T zone and some parts of my cheeks are oily too.
Whether I would recommend this product again?
Yes, it should be given a try before stepping to Clearasil or Cetaphil which are much stronger alternatives, especially if the zits have just appeared.