Estee Lauder Deluxe Eye Shadow Compact Review
Hey gorgeous women,
I am quite sure each one of us here at makeupera has a passion for dressing up and makeup to varying degrees of course. So, everyone likes to stock up on some makeup essentials. An eye eye shadow set is one such product that is a must have in every makeup kit. I got this one as a gift from my sister who stays in US and then I even asked her to get me some more makeup and skin care stuff, too. Read on below to know in more details about this eye-shadow palette from Estee.
Did you read about this Professional Hair Styler
This is a deluxe eyeshadow set from Ester with 18 different shades in total. It is a very handy one the eye shadows have varying saturation of pigments but a very smooth texture. Below are the sequence wise names of all the shades present in this kit.
INR 2607 approx
As mentioned earlier, there are a total of 18 different colours in this eye shadow set that makes it great for travelling and carrying to functions. There are 2 mini applicator brushes which, frankly, are of an average quality. This comes covered with a transparent plastic, removable plastic sheet for hygiene reasons, I guess.
The texture is smooth and fine and I really cannot complain of any grittiness or chalkiness.
I can’t see them anywhere on the packaging as I got this one as a part of a full makeup kit. May be if you buy it individually, you can get the ingredient list.
Pros of Estee Lauder deluxe eye shadow compact
- The topmost row is of lighter shades which can be put to use as a eyeshadow and even as a highlighter or illuminator on various zones if your face.
- The White and Silverfish shades work great to highlight the eyebrow bone
- The second row is of mid tones that help in creating beautiful smokey eye looks
- The third row is of actual colours that you can match up with your outfits
- The packaging contains 18 shades so, very convenient while you are travelling or have to attend a party
- Mist shades from second and third row are well pigmented
- The saturation of the colour is buildable
- There is no chalkiness in the pigments
- On a primer, they have a decent lasting power of three hours or so.
- I have not felt any irritation on my eyelids after using these shades.
Cons of Estee Lauder deluxe eye shadow compact
- Expensive product
- Shades from the first row, particularly are not as well pigmented
- Availability in India is limited
- I could not find the ingredients mentioned on the packaging
My experience with Estee Lauder deluxe eye shadow compact
This eye shadow palette has an inbuilt mirror that makes it user friendly. The sponge applicators are just fine. I expected better applicators. Some shades have a fair amount of pigmentation while some are not very pigmented. All the swatches show the colour intensity with a single swipe only. The colour saturation is very buildable and with three to four layers, the colour does build up beautifully even with the shades if first row. The texture is smooth and feels light on skin. The lasting power with a primer is nearly 3 hours or so. I do of use shadows without primer so, cannot comment. Overall, I have no major regrets with this one and It would surely last me an year or so.
Whether I would recommend this product again?
Yes, I might repurchase it once this one gets used up because it is expensive but nothing out of reach given that with somebody who does extensive makeup only for parties, this would easily last an year.