Olay Total Effects Day Cream with Touch of Foundation
Hi again..!! 🙂
Olay Total Effects Touch of Foundation combines the benefits of an anti-ageing cream with the immediate tone improvement of a sheer foundation. It contains the same four pigments that are used in most foundations, which are titanium dioxide and iron oxides in red, yellow and black; so that the shade suits all skin tones.
This Total Effects Moisturizer + Touch of Foundation is a daily moisturizer designed for those looking to smooth away wrinkles and a general unevenness in skin tone, without looking as if they had been to swimming in make-up.
- Line minimization: makes any lines present on your face vanish.
- Nourishing moisture: Hydration of the skin, for natural sheen
- Subtle lifting: firms loose skin folds
- Brightening: Reduces dullness
- Improved texture: Smooth-ens out skin texture
- Pore refinement: Cleans your pores
- Tone enhancement: Does away with spots on your skin.
How to Use:
Apply in a disciplined manner every day, twice a day to your face and neck, after washing cleaning it.
I really liked the bottle, because its pump dispenser is a heavenly creation for the economically minded.
The day I first applied it, the moisturizer is a nice consistency but it didn’t absorb into my skin very well. I feel like it sat on top of my skin rather than sinking in was really clumpy on my skin. It became more pronounced as the day went on. It felt like I could almost rub it off my skin
By the end of the day though, it had completely absorbed into my skin, and it was no longer noticeable that I had any make up on.
I like to wear this on days when I don’t want to look like I’m wearing makeup. It’s a bit heavier than tinted moisturizers, which i like as it evens out my skin tone. It doesn’t help conceal blemishes much, but I just apply concealer over the top.
It does leave you a little shiny but it is not to be confused as a foundation – it is a moisturizer so it’s bound to happen.
- Spreads easily on the face and blends easily.
- Doesn’t feel heavy on the skin.
- Doesn’t make skin oily or greasy in winters.
- Smooth-ens out your skin texture
- Doesn’t cause any problems for dry skin and does not aggravate dry spots.
- Moisturizes your skin
- Provides medium coverage.
- Conceals imperfections, scars, blemishes.
- Imparts a nice glow.
- Reduces fine lines.
- Easy to use,
- Travel friendly, convenient packaging.
- Makes skin greasy or oily in winters.
- The shade of this foundation makes my skin a bit darker and yellowish than before.
- Doesn’t suit oily skin that much.
- Not that good for heavy coverage.
- This is not for you if you prefer the matte finish other foundations give.
Will I use it again?
To be honest, I would sort of use this product only when I am in a hurry. It’s very useful to carry for trips and other outside engagements, where you might need to touch up your make up in an instant. I guess I should leave you to make the final decision on this. Give it a try before you judge.